Sofrito Chicken (4 Drumsticks and 6 Thighs)
Time: 1hr 30mins
- 2 Bell Peppers (seeds removed and chopped)
- 1/2 Bunch Cilantro
- 1 Onion
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Banana Pepper
- 6 Cloves of Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1-2 tsp Cumin
- Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
- Chicken (I used 4 drumsticks and 6 thighs)
- In a large heated pan, add oil and cook chopped vegetables for 10-15mins. Add cilantro and spices at this time as well.
- Set aside sofrito in a bowl. Add the chicken to the pot and brown on both sides.
- While the chicken is cooking, place sofrito mixture into a blender and blend ingredients to desired consistency.
- Pour sofrito back into the pot and cook the chicken for 45mins-1hr. Once it starts boiling make sure to reduce the heat.
- Serve with some rice/quinoa and enjoy!