Thank you foodies for sticking around the past few months even with the lack of recipes.
(Timing may vary slightly since the firefighters showed up and I had to halt my cooking ha!)
- 2 6oz Filets of Chilean Sea Bass
- 1-2 Baby Bok Choy (Ends removed)
- 2-3tbsp of Miso
- 2c Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- Green Onions (Sliced)
- 5oz Shiitake Mushrooms
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Powdered will work too)
- Salt and Pepper
- In a medium heated pot, add chicken stock and miso. Dissolve the miso paste in the broth and add shiitake mushrooms and garlic. Keep on medium to low heat for about 10mins.
- Heat a pan to medium high heat. While the pan is heating up, add pepper and sea salt to the filets. I went light on the salt and only added it to one side, there should be plenty of saltiness from the miso and chicken broth.
- Add oil to your pan and sear the filet for 3mins on each side. Bring the heat down to low/simmer and add the miso broth and bok choy. Cover the pan and let it sit for about 10-15mins. (Timing is slightly off since the firefighters showed up at the house) I believe I turned the heat off completely and it sat with the lid on for about 10mins after the first 10.
- Top with green onions and serve with a nice glass of white wine! We paired ours with a Roussane from Truchard Vineyards and it was great!