Nut Milk (Almond & Macadamia Nuts)
Time: Soak overnight, 30mins to Strain
- 3c Nuts (I used unsalted almond and macadamia nuts)
- 6c Water plus extra for soaking
- Sweetener to taste (I used honey, another good option is blended dates)
- Cinnamon/Nutmeg to taste (Optional)
- Add water to a bowl of nuts and soak overnight. Make sure that the water covers the nuts.
- Rinse the nuts and remove soaking water (do not use in the milk).
- Add 6c of water to the nuts and have your ladle near by.
- Turn on juicer and add a ladle full of nuts and water. Repeat this process slowly until you've added all the nuts.
- You can strain the milk into a bowl with fine strainer, cheese cloth, or nut milk bag.
- Add a pinch of salt, honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg and ENJOY!
There will be two types of pulp that you can use as well, the dry pulp and the wet pulp. I've seen recipes for crackers with the dry almond pulp or you can just add it to your smoothies! I have a Korean porridge recipe I'll be posting in the near future with the wet pulp!