Roasted Tomato and Basil Sauce (Serves 4-5)
- 1 lb Fresh Pasta (Buy at your local store or try this easy recipe by Mario Batali)
Add your own variety of spices and herbs to your dough
- 4 Chicken Sausages, Sliced
- 3-4 Large Tomatoes
- 1/2 Onion
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Bell Pepper
- Basil 1c Chopped
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Place an "X" on the bottom of your tomatoes and remove the green stems. Place them on a lined baking sheet with the chopped onion, peppers, and garlic cloves. Drizzle some oil and top with salt and pepper. Roast for 30mins.
- Let the tomatoes cool before handling them. An ice bath will work quickly as well! Once they're ready to handle, remove the peel and squeeze out the majority of the seeds.
- Place all vegetables and 1/2c of basil into a blender and mix.
- Add your cooked chicken sausage, oregano, and sauce into a pot and let it simmer on low to medium heat for about 30mins. Add any additional spices as necessary.
- Boil pasta and top it with fresh sauce, parmesan, and chopped basil! Fresh pasta will cook al dente in about 4-6mins!