Braised Tofu (Makes 8 Pieces)
- 1Pkg Firm Tofu
- 3-4 Stalks of Green Onion
- 2 Cloves of Minced Garlic or 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Roasted Sesame Seeds
- 1/4c Soy Sauce
- 1tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4c Water
- 1tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Chili Powder (Gochugaru - Korean Chili Powder)
If you can't find the Korean Chili Powder, you can use your regular chili powder or omit altogether, the taste will vary slightly without it
- Drain tofu, I only did this for about 30mins. Slice into 1/2inch thick pieces or enough to make about 8 slices.
- Mix together soy sauce, water, spices, and green onions. Set aside in a bowl for later.
- In a medium heated pan, add oil and lightly brown tofu on each side. Once tofu has browned, pour seasoning over the slices, reduce heat to medium low and close the lid. Turn every 5-7mins for about 15mins.
Enjoy! Who said tofu had to be bland and boring?
Did you know you can regrow your green onions? Place the ends in water near some sun and you'll have full stalks in 7-10 days!