Note: I would recommend that you use a greased muffin pan instead of cupcake liners. I found that the lower fat muffins stick to the paper.
Cinnamon Apple Yogurt Muffins (Makes 20-22 Muffins)
- 2c Flour
- 2 Med Apples, Peeled and Core Removed (I used a Green and Honeycrisp)
- 6oz Chobani Cinnamon Apple Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda & 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 2tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4tsp Nutmeg
- 1tsp Vanilla
- 1/2c Chopped Pecans
- 1 Egg & 1 Egg White
- 1/2c Brown Sugar
- 1/4c Oil (I used grapeseed oil)
- 1/2c Milk
- 1/4c Applesauce
- 1/4c Sugar
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix wet ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together flour, baking soda/powder, and spices in another bowl. Slowly fold the dry mixture into your wet ingredients.
- Take the diced apples and chopped walnuts and incorporate them into the mixture.
- Spoon the batter into your greased muffin pans and top each muffin with the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Bake for about 17-20mins. (I typically rotate the pans halfway through)