Apple Dumplings (Serves 8)
Time: 10min Prep and 40-45min Bake
- 3 small or 2 large apples ( I used Jonogold and Fuji)
- Cinnamon Roll Dough (Makes 8)
- 1 1/2tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1tsp Vanilla
- 2tbsp Butter
- 1 3/4c Apple Cider
- Core, peel, and slice your apples. I made them two different ways, sliced and chopped, both worked just fine.
- Make cinnamon mixture by adding brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add a little flour to surface of the board and roll out each cinnamon roll. Add 2-3 slices of apples or 1-2tbsp of chopped apples and carefully pull each side over the apples and pinch them shut. Sprinkle the leftover cinnamon mixture on top of each dumpling.
- Oil a 9x13 baking sheet and place the dumplings with the pinched side down. Bake in oven for 10mins.
- While the dumplings are in the oven, add cider, butter, and vanilla to a small pot heated to medium/high heat. Keep cider on the stove for about 10-12mins until the liquid begins to reduce slightly.
- Pour the liquid into the baking pan and bake for another 30-35mins. Cover with foil during the last 10-15 of bake time to avoid burning the dumplings.
- When the dumplings are done, drizzle the cider sauce on top and serve with vanilla ice cream!