Baked Tilapia with Sauteeed Artichoke and Asparagus (Serves 4)
Time: 45min Bake and Prep (+2hrs for Marinade)
- 4 Filets (I cut 2 large pieces in half)
- 3tbsp Olive Oil
- 1-2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2tsp Parsley
- 1tsp Honey
- 1-2tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
- 1/2tbsp Melted Butter
- 3tbsp Garlic Herb Bread Crumbs
- Lemon Juice
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus
- 8.5z Can of Artichoke Hearts
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Lemon Juice
- Create marinade by mixing together oil, vinegar, honey, parsley, garlic cloves, and lemon juice. Sprinkle Salt onto tilapia, place in a ziploc bag and pour the marinade in. Make sure all the fish is covered and place into fridge for about 2 hours.
- Once marinade is ready, preheat oven to 375 degrees. While oven is preheating, create breadcrumb mixture. Melt butter and coat bread crumbs, squeeze a little bit of lemon juice into the mixture as well.
- Place tilapia on a foil lined pan and top each filet with bread crumbs. Bake for 13-15mins or to your liking.
- While the tilapia is baking, prepare the asparagus and artichoke side. Remove the ends from asparagus and chop into 1-2inch pieces.
- Heat a pan to medium low and add enough olive oil to coat the pan, place your chopped garlic into the pan and let the flavors infuse the oil. Make sure the garlic doesn't burn!
- Once the garlic begins to cook a little, add the asparagus and let them cook on medium heat for about 5mins. When they become tender add in the artichoke hearts, salt, and squeeze some extra lemon juice into the vegetables.