Sweet Potato Casserole (Serves 10)
- 3 Large Sweet Potatoes, Skin Removed
- 1 Egg
- 1/3c Flour
- 1/2-3/4c Brown Sugar
- 1/4c Evaporated Milk
- 1/2tsp Vanilla
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2tsp Nutmeg
- 1c Pecans, Chopped
- 4tbsp Butter
- Pinch of Salt
- Marshmallows (Optional)
- Cut sweet potatoes into even pieces. Place pot on stove with water sitting about an inch above the potatoes on medium/medium high heat, cook until tender.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together pecans, brown sugar, 1/2tsp cinnamon, and flour in a bowl.
- In another bowl mash the potatoes with 2 tbsp butter, 1/2tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, milk, vanilla and egg (Add in beated egg slowly).
- Top the potatoes with the pecan mixture and two pats of butter. Bake in oven for 20mins.
- Add in marshmallows at the last 10mins of baking or add them at the end and set oven to broil just until they brown.