Ribeye Roast (Serves 20)
Time: 18-20min per lb (Cook time depends on size of roast)
- 11lbs Ribeye Roast
( We purchased ours at Costco, you can also use other cuts of meat for a more reasonable price)
- 1 Bunch of Celery
- 1 Bunch of Carrots
- 1 Large Onion
- 5 whole cloves of Garlic (Optional)
- 3 Sprigs of Rosemary (Optional)
- 26z Container of Salt
- Let the meat rest at room temperature for 1-2hrs prior to cooking.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add rosemary sprigs and roughly chopped vegetables to the bottom of the pan. Set aside 1-2cups to place on top of the roast.
- Place the meat on top of the vegetables, fat side up.
- Rub black pepper onto the roast. Coat the top of the roast with salt, you will use most of the salt to create a nice salt crust. When you think it's too much salt...just keep going. To keep with the holiday spirit, it will look like a snowy mound!
- Top with leftover vegetables and rosemary and place in oven for 3-3.5 hrs. Use a meat thermometer to make sure it is cooked to your liking.