- 1/4 pound thinly sliced pancetta,
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 diced onion
- 2 1/2 cups arborio rice (19 ounces)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 6 large tomatoes
1. Cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp in a large pan, about 5-6 minutes. Transfer the pancetta to a small bowl.
2. In a small pan, bring the stock to a simmer over moderately high heat. Reduce the heat to low and keep warm.
3. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in skillet and the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add onion and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add 2 cloves crushed garlic, sauté.
4. Add the rice and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook, stirring constantly, until absorbed. Begin adding the stock stirring, 1/2 cup at a time, until absorbed. Continue adding the stock, about 2/3 cup at a time. The risotto is done when the rice is tender and the liquid is creamy. About 20-25 minutes.
5. Add the remaining butter and ½ cup Parmesan, and pancetta into the risotto and stir gently. Salt and Pepper to taste.
6. Scoop out tomatoes and stuff risotto to the top of tomatoes and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes covered until heated through.
7. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and serve.