Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash (Serves 6)
- 3 Acorn Squash
- 1c Quinoa
- 1c Feta Cheese
- 1/2-1c Pistachios, Chopped
- 1/2c Parsley, Minced
- 1 Small Sweet Onion, Minced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2c Chicken Broth (or salted water)
- 1tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and roast your squash cut side down on a baking sheet for 20-25mins, or until tender.
- Make quinoa as directed with chicken broth, I use a little less than 2c of liquid per 1c of quinoa.
- In a medium heated pan, sautee onion and garlic with olive oil. Add sauteed vegetables to quinoa and mix together.
- Lastly, add minced parsley, pistachios, feta cheese, and red wine vinegar to the quinoa mixture. Scoop mixture into squash and enjoy!