My friend Michelle bought us this bread crock from New Orleans as a wedding gift and I finally got around to using it this past weekend. The bread was so easy and delicious, I'm almost angry that I haven't been making bread at home for years now. I just looked up the link to their website and it's not working, but the crock is from Potsalot Pottery in New Orleans. I'm sure you can make this in another bread pan just the same, but I just love this pottery! Thanks Michelle!
Time: 1hr 15min
- 2c Flour
- 1/4c Honey
- 1/4c Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 2tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2c Milk
- 1/2c Butter
* Feel free to adjust the sugar and play with the ingredients, I can't wait to use this as a base recipe and come up with more creations!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixer or with a hand mixer. Next, add eggs in one at a time.
- Combine flour and baking powder and pour it into the batter, alternating with the milk.
- Once everything is combined bake for one hour in greased and floured pan.