Pecan Pie Bars (9x13 Pan)
- 2c Flour
- 1 1/2 Sticks of Butter (Cold)
- 1/4tsp Salt
- 1/4tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3c Brown Sugar
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 1c Brown Sugar
- 1tbsp Flour
- 1/2c Honey
- 1tsp Vanilla
- 1/2tsp Sea Salt (additional sea salt to sprinkle on top)
- 1 1/2-2tbsp Bourbon
- 2tbsp Heavy Cream
- 2c Chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is heating, use a food processor to mix together flour, chopped cold butter, and spices. Scrape down the sides with a spatula, pulse until the mixture becomes "crumbly."
- Press shortbread mixture onto a lined 9x13 baking pan and bake for about 20mins.
- Toast chopped pecans in a medium heated pan for about 5-7mins. Toss frequently and watch the temperature to ensure that the pecans don't burn.
- While the shortbread cools, make the filling.
- In a pot or saucepan, melt butter and add honey, brown sugar, salt, vanilla, flour, bourbon, and cream. When everything is combined, remove from heat and mix in pecans.
- Pour pecan mixture onto cooled shortbread. Place the pan in the middle of the oven for 25-35mins (Depending on oven - bars will harden once cooled). Place foil on top of the bars during the last 10mins of bake time.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack for about 40mins. Sprinkle sea salt on the top of the bars for a nice sweet and savory contrast! The filling should not be firm, if it is it will be hard and dry.
- Once the bars have cooled, lift parchment paper and cut into desired pieces. Enjoy!
Store at room temperature