Spiced Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Dark Chocolate Chips
Time: 20min Prep and 50-55min Bake
- 2 1/2c Flour
- 1c Brown Sugar and 1/2-3/4c White Sugar
- 4z or 1/2c of Light Sour Cream
- 15z Can of Pure Pumpkin
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2-3/4c Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2tbsp Vanilla
- 1c Butter, Softened
- 2tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4tsp Allspice
- 1/8 tsp of each: Clove and Ginger
Powdered Sugar Topping
- 1-2 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together your dry ingredients: Flour, Spices, Baking Soda, Baking Powder. Set aside in a medium bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer or with a hand mixer. Slowly add in the eggs, one at a time. Continue scraping down the bowl and add in the vanilla.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the butter and egg mixture, continue to scrape the bowl to ensure everything is mixed well. I split the flour into three different pours.
- Once everything is in, pour in your pumpkin and chocolate chips and fold it into the cake mixture.
- Pour cake into a greased and floured ( I used Baking Pam) bundt pan and place in the oven for 50-55mins.
- Check with a toothpick to make sure it's ready! Once it's ready to be pulled out, place the bundt pan on a cooling rack for about 30mins. When it's cool enough, place the cake plate underneath and flip the cake out! Place your powdered sugar topping in a sifter and dust it onto the cake. You can make a glaze or frosting and serve as you wish!
- 1/2c Whipping Cream
- Pinch of Allspice
- Mix cream until it begins to thicken and add in a pinch of allspice. Don't overmix the cream...it will taste fine, but as the husband did...it will curdle a bit!