This dumpling turned bake paired perfectly with my braised pork chops last week! The recipe was supposed to be for dumplings, but I completely missed a step and ended up turning it into a bake. It was still just as delicious, hope you enjoy it in either form!
*Original recipe from a Williams-Sonoma cookbook
Spinach and Ricotta Bake ( Serves 4)
Prep and Cook Time: 1-1.5hr
- 1 1/4c Whole Milk Ricotta
- 10z Frozen Spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 Egg and 2 Yolks
- 1/2c Parmesan, plus extra thinly sliced pieces to top
- 2 1/2tbsp Flour, plus extra for dusting
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 4tbsp Butter (Optional)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1-2tbsp Truffle Oil (Recommended!)
- Mix together ricotta (drained in cheese cloth, if making dumplings), drained spinach, and eggs. To the mixture add spices, cheese, and flour.
- If making dumplings, place in fridge for 30mins to harden mixture. Make 1 inch balls and cook in salted and boiling water for about 3mins or until they float.
- To make a bake, place the mixture in a casserole dish and bake for 20-25mins at 375 degrees.
- You can broil for the last few minutes to brown your cheese. I would've done the same if my dish was broiler safe!
- Drizzle truffle oil on the bake or dumplings and enjoy!