Fiesta Quinoa Salad (Serves 10)
Time: 20min Prep and 25min Cook
- Quinoa 1c rinsed
- 2c of Chicken Broth
- 2 Avocaods
- 1c Cilantro
- 1c Tomatoes (Optional)
- 1/4-1/2 Onion, Diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1 1/2c Corn, I use frozen and thawed organic sweet corn
- 1 15oz can of Reduced Sodium Black Beans, Rinsed
- 1/2-1 lime, Juiced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2tsp Cumin
- Chipotle Powder, Salt, Pepper
- Add your quinoa and chicken broth to a pot and set it on high until it begins to boil. Once it boils, reduce the heat to low and let it sit for about 20-25mins until liquid is absorbed.
- Take quinoa off of heat and set aside.
- Mix together your chopped vegetables and cilantro in a medium sized bowl and prepare the dressing by mixing together the olive oil, lime, and spices. Pour the mixture into the vegetables and toss until evenly coated.
- Add your vegetable mixture to the cooled quinoa and add salt, pepper, and chipotle powder to your liking. Prior to serving, top the salad with avocado and enjoy!
If you're not a fan of quinoa or don't have any on hand, just make a light corn and bean salad instead!