Broccoli Salad (Serves 8-10)
Time: 30 Cook + 2hrs Additional Time
(Let the salad sit for a few hours once it's prepared, I like to add the sunflower seeds before serving.)
- 4-5 Broccoli Crowns
- 1c Sunflower Seeds
- 1c Mayo
- 1/2c Dried Cranberries
- 2-2 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Red Onion, Chopped (Soaked in cold water for about 30min -1hr)
- Slat and Black Pepper, to taste
- 12-16z of Bacon, Crispy and oil removed
- Soak the onion in cold water for about 30mins and cook the bacon, in oven (375 degrees for about 13-15mins on a baking rack) or on the stove, and drain the grease.
- Add your cranberries and chopped broccoli to a bowl and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together your mayo, sugar, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Add your crumbled bacon and chopped onion to your broccoli mixture. Pour on the dressing and make sure everything is evenly coated. Let the salad sit covered in the fridge for a few hours and add your sunflower seeds prior to serving.