Broiled Pesto Tomatoes (Serves 2)
Time: 15mins Prep and Broil
- 1-2 Large Tomatoes ( I used a GIANT Heirloom tomato which was enough for us both)
- 1/2-1c Shredded Cheese ( Mozzarella, Gruyere, or Parm)
- 10-12 Basil Leaves
- 1/2-1 tbsp Lemon
- 3tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp Pine Nuts
- Put the oven on broil. Cut the tomato into thick slices and place on a foil lined pan.
- Make your pesto by blending your basil, olive oil, salt and pepper, lemon, garlic, and pine nuts.
- Drizzle your tomato slices with olive oil and sprinkle a little bit of salt and pepper. Scoop on the pesto on each slice and top with a little bit of shredded cheese.
- Broil for 5-7mins and enjoy!
Italian Style Bean Salad recipe coming soon!