Warm Corn and Onion Salad with a Cilantro Lime Dressing (Serves 2-3)
- 1/2-3/4c Corn (I use frozen)
- 1 Small Sweet Onion, Sliced
- 5-6 Radishes, Thinly Sliced (Health Benefits)
- 1c Broccoli Sprouts (Health Benefits)
- 1-2 Avocado
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Lemon/Lime Paprika Spice (Optional)
- 1-2tbsp Greek Yogurt
- 1/2-1tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lime, Juiced
- 2tbsp Cilantro
- 1/8tsp Salt
- Honey (Optional, add to sweeten the flavor)
It might taste a little tart by itself, but it was great with the salad!
- Heat a pan to medium heat and cover the pan with olive oil. Add your onions and let them cook for a few minutes. Add garlic powder, salt, pepper, and pour in your corn kernels.
- Reduce the heat and cook the vegetables to your liking. Mine stayed on the stove for about 10 minutes, I like the onions to keep some crunch.
- To make the dressing I used my Magic Bullet, you can also use your blender or processor. Add your lime juice, yogurt, cilantro, olive oil, and salt to the bullet and mix until everything has been combined.
- Add your warm corn and onion mixture, top with 1/2c sprouts (per person), sliced radishes, avocado, cilantro sprigs, and drizzle with your yogurt dressing! I added a few crushed Red Hot Blues Tortilla Chips and loved the extra crunch and flavor it provided. It felt like a healthy taco salad!
- Feel free to sub the broccoli sprouts, add some warm beans, or even some nuts to your salad.