I made this healthy and flavorful dish for lunch last week and loved it! I first heard about cauliflower "steak" from my parents when they made me a version with a strawberry and yogurt sauce on top. It's obviously versatile, but I like to make mine a little more savory!
Health Benefits of Cauliflower
Garlic Chipotle Cauliflower Steak (Serves 2)
- Cauliflower, Quartered or Sliced
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Chipotle Rub, Tahoe House
You can create the rub yourself by mixing: Salt, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Chipotle, and Pepper
- 1c Basil
- 2tbsp Pine Nuts
- 1/2 Lemon, Juiced
- Drizzle some olive oil to a medium heated pan and place your cauliflower steaks and florets in the pan. Sprinkle seasoning as desired and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- I used my toaster oven so this time may vary, but heat the oven to 375 degrees and bake for about 8mins. Add some fresh lemon juice to lighten up the flavor before serving.
- For the pesto, add the basil, pine nuts, sprinkle of salt, lemon juice, and 3tbsp of olive oil into a processor or magic bullet and puree. Adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Once the "steaks" are complete, top with the pesto and enjoy!