Dduk Bok Ki (Serves 2-3)
- 20-25 pieces of Dduk (Korean rice cakes made from a sweet rice flour)
- 1 1/2c of Dashi Broth/Water/Vegetable Stock (Mom made her own broth)
- 2tbsp Seasoned Gochujang (Korean Sweet Red Chili Paste)
Season your own by adding: 1tsp seasame oil, 1/4tsp garlic powder, and 2-3tsp of sugar
- 2-3c of Fried Fish Cake (Odeng)
Slice and boil in water for 5mins to pull out the oil from the fish cake
- 1/2 Onion, Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2-3 Stalks Green Onion, Chopped
- 1-2tsp Roasted Sesame Seeds
- Soy Sauce/Korean Chili Powder (Gochugaru) - (Optional, add at the end if necessary)
- Feel free to add any additional vegetables
- Add your broth, chili paste, and sesame seeds on medium/medium-high heat. The sauce will become thicker as you cook the dish. Once it begins to boil add your vegetables and fish cake.
- Cook the vegetables for about 8-10mins and add your dduk.
- Let the dduk get soft and chewy for about 15mins. Ours was frozen, if yours is fresh or defrosted you will not have to cook it as long.
- Add the green onions during the last 5mins of cook time and top with sesame seeds when serving! Enjoy!