Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars (12 small bars)
Time: 50mins Bake and Prep/30min-1hr Chill
- 2c Ginger Snaps (or Graham Crackers), Finely Crushed
- 3-4tbsp Butter, Melted
- 8z Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1-2tbsp Cookie Butter (Speculoos Spread)
- 1 Egg
- 1tsp Vanilla
- 3tbsp Sugar
Cookie: You can use store bought dough instead if you have it on hand, bake time may be different
- 1/2c Flour
- 1 1/2tsp Vanilla
- 1c Chocolate Chips (I used semisweet and milk)
- 3tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1/4c Brown Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 5tbsp Butter
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees and line an 8x8 pan with parchment or foil.
- Add the melted butter to the gingersnap crumbs. Once the crumbs become moist press it down onto the bottom of the pan using the back of a measuring spoon. Place in oven for about 8mins to let it set.
- Make your cookie layer by creaming together the butter and sugar. Gradually add your vanilla and your flour. When the dough has formed fold in your chocolate chips. finished set that aside and make the cheesecake filling. (The dough will be harder than your typical cookie dough)
- Take your softened cream cheese in a bowl or mixer and gradually add your sugar, cookie butter, egg, and vanilla. Cream until filling has come together.
- Finally add your filling to the crust and place flattened pieces of cookie dough on top.
- Bake in the oven for 27-30mins. Let it cool for about 30mins and lift the foil out of the pan. Cut your bars and place in fridge for about 45min-1hr. I liked them better once they had some time to chill in the fridge! Enjoy!