This may sound unappetizing to some...but I promise it is GOOD STUFF!
- Prepared pancake batter ( Use a premixed or your favorite homemade recipe)
- 1 egg/per person
- 3-4 sausages/per person, chopped ( I used Applegate Organic Chicken Maple Sausage)
- Maple syrup
- Oil (Whichever you prefer)
- Heat up your precooked sausage, chop into pieces and set aside.
- Make your eggs, sunny side up or over easy to place on top of your pancake when finished.
- Create a slightly thicker batter for this pancake so it can hold the sausage and egg.
- Once your pan is heated to medium/medium low, add about 1/2-1tbsp of coconut oil and place your batter into the pan. (I use oil because that is how my dad, who used to own a diner, makes fantastic fluffy pancakes that have a slight crisp on the outside. They really are perfect...)
- Add your sausage onto the uncooked batter. When you notice it's time to flip, use a big spatula and flip your hearty pancake over to finish cooking. Add some oil down for this side as well.
- Once it's ready, plate it with an egg on top and a light drizzle of maple syrup!
- Take a bite and indulge in this sweet and savory breakfast pancake in all of its glory! :)