Citrus Shrimp and Kale Salad ( Serves 2)
- 1 Lemon, Juiced
- 7-10 Kale Leaves, Chopped and stems removed
- Salt, As needed
- Mango, Diced
- 1tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1tbsp (+extra as needed) Olive Oil
- 1/2tsp Honey (Optional for sweetness)
- 2tbsp sunflower seeds (I use the roasted and unsalted kind)
- 4-6 Shrimp
- 1/2 tsp Lemon, Lime, and Paprika Seasoning
- To prepare your kale, you want to hold it upside down and pull the leaves off of the stems. After you've done that, chop the leaves into fairly small pieces.
- Place in a large bowl and add 1/2-3/4 of your lemon juice, sprinkle of salt, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and honey. Now use your hands and massage the kale for about 2mins. You will see the color get richer and the kale will begin to wilt a little.
- Add your mango and seeds and toss thoroughly.
- Add some olive oil and shrimp to a medium heated pan. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, llp seasoning, and some of your leftover lemon juice. The shrimp should be fully cooked in about 4-5mins. Be sure not to overcook your shrimp as it will become tough and rubbery.