Yum, right?! Cooking for one should be good too! I've been meaning to make short ribs and polenta for months now and I finally got around to it a few weeks ago.
Red Wine Short Ribs and Polenta (Serves 4)
Time: 4hrs prep and cook
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2-1 Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1/2-1 Onion, Chopped
- 3-4 Cloves of Garlic, Minced (Optional)
- Flour for light coating
- Olive Oil
- 2 c Red Wine
- 2 c Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 4 Short Ribs ( I used 3 for myself)
- Add your rub to your ribs and let them marinate in the fridge for 30min-1hr.
- Once ribs are ready, heat a pot to medium. Lightly coat your ribs in flour, add oil to your pot and cook ribs until browned on each side. Set aside on plate when finished.
- Add more oil to the pan if necessary and cook your onion and bell pepper for about 5mins.
- Add your wine, broth, and honey to the pot. Place your ribs in the pot and once it boils, reduce heat to medium or medium low for about 3 hours. You can put the ribs in a 300 degree oven for 3-4 hours as well. Remember with ribs, the longer they cook, the more tender they become!
- 1 c Polenta
- 2 c Chicken Broth (add additional water, milk, or cream to get desired consistency)
* If you don't have chicken broth use water. You will just need to season it more.
- 1-1 1/2c Shredded Garlic Cheddar (Use whatever cheese you want)
- 6-7 Basil Leaves
- Bring liquid to boil, reduce heat and add polenta. Once it begins to thicken, add your cheese and basil. Take off heat and set aside.
- 2c Spinach (more if desired)
- 1-2tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt, Pepper, and Garlic to taste
- To a medium heated pan, add your olive oil (garlic if using fresh) and spinach. The spinach will begin to wilt, add seasonings to your liking and you're done!