Warning: This recipe is not intended for those who are not a fan of sweet or creamy cocktails.
You can definitely make some modifications to this recipe, below are a few suggestions:
- Used whipped topping instead of heavy cream.
- Add more pineapple juice/limes
- Use another alcohol instead of vodka. Vodka and I can't seem to get along so I just had mine made with the liqueur. I'm sure you can sub a type of clear rum if you aren't much of a vodka drinking either.
- Graham cracker crumbs, for rimming the glass
- 2 lime wedges
- 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) vanilla flavored vodka
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) key lime liqueur (recommended: KeKe Beach Key Lime Liqueur)
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Ice cubes
Pour the graham cracker crumbs in a shallow dish. Rub a lime wedge around the edge of a martini glass and roll the edge in the graham cracker crumbs. Chill the glass for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.Combine the vanilla vodka, key lime liqueur, pineapple juice, and cream in a shaker. Fill the shaker half full with ice and shake until well blended. Pour into prepared martini glass, garnish with a lime wedge and serve immediately.