Japchae (Serves 7-9 as a side)
Time: 30mins Cook and Prep
- 1 Bag of Sweet Potato Noodles ( Dangmyun, if you can't find this just look for sweet potato starch noodles)
- Olive Oil
- 3-4 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1-2 tsp Sesame Seeds (Toasted)
- Salt and Pepper (To taste)
- 3-4 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4-1/3c Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Garlic, Minced or Powder
- 3-4 c Spinach
- 1 Bell Pepper, Sliced
- 1/2lb Beef (Sliced or Ground)
- 2-3 Carrots, Sliced thinly lengthwise
- 1 Small Onion, Sliced
- 8 Mushrooms, Sliced ( Shitake, Oyster, and/or Cremini - Anything you want to use)
- Marinate your meat for about 10mins, it will be similar to a bulgogi or galbi marinade. Mix together: 1/4c soy sauce, 2 tbsp sugar, 1/4 tsp garlic (fresh or powdered), 1/2 tsp of sesame seeds. Once you have that mixed together put in your protein and let the flavors settle.
- Heat your pan to medium, drizzle on some olive oil and cook your vegetables (add spinach last). Turn heat off and leave vegetables in pan, you will add your noodles once they're done!
- Cook your meat separately, once it's done set aside with juices.
- To your boiling water, add noodles and cook for about 6mins. Make sure not to overcook.
- Once noodles are done cooking, rinse, add 1tbsp of sesame oil to keep from sticking, and use scissors to cut the long noodles.
- Add your noodles and meat to the vegetables. Once you toss them all together, add a 1-2 tbsp of sesame oil, soy sauce, 1tbsp of sugar, salt and pepper to taste, and finally garnish with more sesame seeds.