Fresh Tuna Tacos (Serves 2 (8oz)-4(16z))
- 8-16oz Sashimi Grade Tuna (This can often be found in your local grocery store)
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 1/4c Sour Cream
- 2 Limes
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4-1/2c Red Onion, Chopped to your liking
- 1 Jalapeno, Seeded and Minced
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2c Cilantro, Finely chopped
- 1/8tsp Chipotle/Chili Powder or Cumin (Optional)
- 1/2c Mango, Chopped (Optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Baby Romain Leaves or Tortillas
- Cut your sashimi into cubes and place in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, garlic, juice of 1 lime, 1/2-1 lemon and toss the mixture to assure that fish is being well marinated.
- Chop your onions, 1 avocado, jalapeno and cilantro and add it to your fish mixture.
- Finally add salt and pepper to your liking and set aside the mixture in the refrigerator for about 15mins, your fish will begin to "cook" in the citrus mixture.
- For the avocado crema, place 1 avocado, juice from 1/2-1 lime, and a pinch of salt into a food processor or magic bullet and puree.
- Put some of the fish mixture onto your "taco" shell and dollop some crema on top and enjoy!