Time: 1hr 10min Cook and Prep
Servings: 6 peppers
- 1/2c Quinoa (You can cook it in chicken broth to make it more flavorful)
- 4 Peppers, Halved
- 1/3c Green Onion
- 1/2 Onion
- 2-3 Celery
- 1c of Cheese, I used cheddar (Optional)
- 1lb Ground Turkey
- 1/4-1/2tsp Garlic Powder ( You can use a few cloves of finely chopped garlic too)
- 1/4tsp Mexican Oregano
- 1/2tsp Cumin
- 1/2tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4tsp Chipotle Powder
- Salt (To taste)
- 1/4tsp Pepper
- 1 1/2-2c of Pace Picante ( Or whatever salsa you prefer)
- Jalapeno and Cilantro (Optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook your quinoa and set aside. For 1/2c of quinoa, I used about 1 1/4- 1 1/2c of water. (Bring water to boil, add quinoa, let it cook for a min or two, bring heat to low and keep covered for about 10-15mins.)
- Chop your vegetables and halve your peppers lengthwise and remove ribs and seeds.
- Add some oil to a medium heated pan and add the onion and celery. Once they start becoming a little translucent, add your turkey.
- Add your spices, salsa, and continue to let it cook on low for a few more minutes.
- Foil your pan and drizzle a little olive oil prior to placing your peppers down.
- Fill your peppers with qunioa and then top with turkey mixture. You can mix the quinoa into the turkey it you want as well. Bake for 30-45mins.
- Top each pepper with cheese during the last 10-15mins of cook time.
It's official, I really am an awesome wife haha! My husband brought this back for me from his last work trip.