Time: 1hr Prep and Cook
- 2c of Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/3c of Coconut Oil ( You can substitute Nut Oil or Vegetable Oil)
Several of my family and friends have been using coconut oil recently so I decided to give it a try. I love it! I bought my organic version at the store for nearly $10 but saw it at Trader Joes for somewhere around $5. Definitely worth trying, click here to check out the benefits and uses of Coconut Oil.
- 1/3c of Honey
- 1/3+c of Raw Almonds
- 1/3+c of Dried fruit (I like using cranberries)
- 1/4tsp of Vanilla
- 1/2tsp of Cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees.
- Melt your coconut oil, remove from heat and add your honey and vanilla and mix well.
- Place your oats, almonds, and cinnamon in a bowl and mix together. You can add in any other type of nuts, chia seeds, coconut flakes, etc. at this point.
- Add your oil and honey mixture to the dry ingredients and make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Once the oats are coated place granola on a pan lined with parchment paper and pop it in the oven for about 30-35 mins.
- Halfway through cook time, mix in your dried fruit and toss the mixture.
- After the granola browned it to your liking, remove from oven and let it cool.