This weekend we enjoyed a relaxing yacht ride with some great friends. I got a beautiful sunset picture that I cannot wait to put on canvas! I also remade the pumpkin cupcakes for our dessert and used cake flour. The cake flour definitely made the cupcakes "softer and bouncier," for a lack of better words. Both types of flour worked well, but if you have cake flour or happen to be at the store, pick some up!
ELBM will be going on a break until post honeymoon. I will be back in late November/early December to share some great photos from our European adventure! Have a fabulous few weeks and in the mean time remember to eat, love, and be merry!
Turkey Chili (Serves 4-6)
Time: 20min Prep and 1hr Cook
- 1-1.5lb Ground Turkey (Interchangeable)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1-2 Chopped Bell Peppers
- 1c Frozen Corn Kernels
- 2-4 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1 Minced Jalapeno (Seeds removed - optional)
- 2 Cans of 14.5oz Diced Tomatoes ( I used the natural no salt - you can play around with this)
- 2 16z Cans of Beans ( I used Kidney and Pinto)
- 2 tsp of Tomato Paste
- 1 4oz Can of Green Chiles
- 1c Lager or Broth
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- Shredded Cheddar
- Sour Cream
Spices (I like to premix the spices)
- 1 tsp Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Lawrys
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2-3 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp White Pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- In a large pot heated to medium, add your olive oil chopped vegetables and sautee for about 5mins.
- Add your ground turkey and break it up. Cook for another 3-5mins and add your garlic, worcestershire and beer.
- Add your drained can of beans, can of chile, corn, cans of tomatoes (one drained), and tomato paste.
- Add all of your spices and turn down the heat to medium low. Cook covered for 30-45mins.
Serve chili with a sprinkle of cheese, dollop of sour cream, and a side of cornbread or Fritos!
I served mine with jalapeno cheddar corn muffins. If you don't have time to make it from scratch, buy a jiffy corn muffin mix and throw in a 4oz can of jalapenos (or less) and 1/2-1c of shredded cheddar cheese into the batter. Bake as directed, this is an easy and delicious upgrade to the muffins!