Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Time: 35mins Prep and 1hr/1hr 5min Cook
- 16z Ginger Snaps
- 1 Stick of butter, Melted
- 1-2c of Pecans (Optional)
- Add your cookies, pecans, and butter to a food processor until it is ground enough for a crust.
- Or - In my case...get a large ziplock and a meat tenderizer (or hammer) and crush away on a chopping mat so you don't break your countertop.
- Once that step is done, grease a 9 x 13 baking pan and pour in your crumbs.
- Use the bottom of your measuring cup to form the crust for your cheesecake.
- Place the crust in the fridge until you are ready to spread on the caramel and pour on the mixture.
- 3 Packages of Cream Cheese
- 1 Can of Pure Pumpkin
- 1 1/2c Sugar
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- 1tsp Allspice
- 1/2tsp Nutmeg
- 4 Eggs
- 3tbsp Heavy Cream
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until they are mixed well and become fluffy.
- Add the pumpkin and spices and continue to mix.
- Slowly add in one egg at a time and finally add your cream until the mixture is completely combined.
- At this point you can either pour the mixture onto your cooled crust or pour on your caramel and nuts onto the crust before your pour in your mixture.
I used an Ina Garten recipe, it turned out differently compared to my previous caramel sauces, but it was perfect on the crust! You can also buy a jar of caramel at the store and pour on your desired amount.
Get the recipe here!
- 1/2-1c Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1/4-1tsp Vanilla
- Whip the mixture together in a mixing bowl until you reach your desired consistency. Usually right before stiff peaks form.
- Do not overbeat the mixture...if you do then just start over!
Enjoy this delicious fall dessert!