Citrus Scallops with Quinoa (Serves 3-4)
Time: 40min Prep and Cook
- 1c of Quinoa (Rinsed)
Quinoa can be found in many grocery and health stores, you can substitute couscous or bulgar if necessary. Quinoa is high in protein and very versatile to cook with!
- 2C Water or Chicken Broth
- 2 Oranges Juiced
- 2-3 Tangerines Juiced
- 1-2tbsp Sugar
- 1tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1tsp Crushed Coriander Seeds
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Sea Scallops with tough foot muscles removed (3-4/person depending on size)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to coat pan
- Chives Chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- I like to use 2c water to 1c quinoa. Add quinoa, water, and salt to saucepan and boil over high heat. Reduce and simmer until water is absorbed, about 13mins.
- Grate 1tsp orange zest and juice your citrus into a bowl. Add sugar to a medium heat pan until amber, about 5 mins. Remove from heat and add your juices, vinegar, zest, and coriander. Return to heat and boil until you get a thicker consistency, about 8 mins. Remove from heat, add butter and set aside.
- Season scallops on one side with salt and pepper. Add oil and heat pan to medium, add scallops and cook for 4-5mins and sear. Flip and cook other side until golden for another 2-3mins.
- Plate quinoa and scallops. Add your citrus juice to the scallops and top with a good sprinkle of chives!