- 4lbs Bone In Short Ribs
- 3/4-1c Soy Sauce (Start with less and add more if necessary)
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1-2 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/3-1/4c of Sugar ( You can use Brown Sugar or Honey)
- 4 Cloves of Garlic Sliced
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions
- 2 Potatoes
- 1/4tsp Black Pepper
- Pinch of powdered ginger
- 10 Boiling Onions (You can also use a large onion)
- Chestnuts and Carrots (Optional)
Sauce: Mix together your soy sauce, sugar, pepper, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and rice wine vinegar and set aside.
- Rinse your meat to remove any residue from the bones.
- Boil the water with the top open, you want enough water to cover the ribs. ( About 1/2-1inch over the ribs)
- While you're bringing the water to a boil, trim any fat from your ribs and also score the meat.
- By scoring, cut about 1/4inch deep parallel cuts into the meat, then you can go back and do the other side, making almost a diamond shape. It helps tenderize the meat take on the flavor of the sauce.
Little Dolls enjoying a piece of meat before the sauce was added!
Suggestion: Just to mix things up a little, we made short rib sandwiches the next day for lunch! Toast up some rolls, add some Sriracha and Mayo (Optional), some juice, and pulled apart short ribs. Enjoy!