Between the cupcakes and pumpkin carving it was impossible not to be in the fall spirit. Hope you guys get to enjoy some of fall fun this season!
Pumpkin Cupcakes (Serves 24)
Time: 30min Prep and 20-25min Bake
My sous chef Caiti prepping the mixer
- 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
- 1c Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/3c Granulated Sugar
- 2c Flour ( Cake was recommended, but all I had was all purpose, worked fine)
- 2tsp Baking Powder
- 1tsp Baking Soda
- 1tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/2tsp Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2c Sour Cream and 1tsp Vanilla (Add a little milk to smooth out texture)
- 1 1/4c Pure Pumpkin Puree
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cupcake pans.
- Beat butter and sugars on medium speed until it becomes fluffy.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, and salt into a bowl.
- Add eggs 1 at a time to mixer and alternate between adding the eggs, the flour, and milk. Begin and end the mixing with the flour, beat in the pumpkin puree until the batter is smooth.
- Scoop the batter into the liners and lightly drop the pans on the countertops to get rid of air bubbles.
- Bake in oven for 20-25mins, insert a toothpick into the center and make sure it comes out clean.
- Place cupcakes on rack/remove from pans and let them cool.
- Place them in the fridge for 25mins to cool, frost, and devour!
- Two 8ounce Packages of Cream Cheese, Softened ( I used neufchatel )
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter
- 2c Confectioner's of Powdered Sugar
- 1/3c Pure Maple Syrup
I wanted to add orange extract to my frosting, but forgot it at home...if anyone tries it let me know!