Beer Can Chicken (Serves 3-4)
Time: 15min Prep and 70-90min Cook
- 3.5lb Whole Chicken
- 1can of Beer
- Olive Oil, to rub on chicken
- 1tbsp Sea Salt and Pepper
- 1tsp of : Ground Ginger, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Paprika, Brown Sugar, Oregano
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rub the entire chicken with olive oil. Make sure to get under the skin as well.
- Apply desired amount of rub onto the chicken, under the skin, and into the cavity.
- Drink half of the beer and add brown sugar and herbs of your choice into the can. ( I like to use thyme or rosemary)
- Finally, place the bird on top of the can and carefully place it in the oven.
- Roast the bird for about 10mins and reduce the heat to 350 degrees. The chicken should roast for another 70-90minutes. Check with a meat thermometer that it is cooked throughout.