Cinnamon Waffles (Made 2 batches of Belgian waffles)
Time: 10mins Prep, Cook Time based upon waffle maker
- 2 Eggs Whisked
- 2c Flour ( I like to use unbleached flour, you can use whatever you have on hand)
- 1 1/3c Milk
- 1/2c Oil
- 3 to 4 tbsp Sugar (Personal preference)
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Pinch of Cinnamon ( Optional)
- Whisk together your wet ingredients: milk, eggs, vanilla, and oil.
- Mix together your dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon
- Pour your dry ingredients into your milk and egg mixture and mix. Don't over mix the batter, just make sure everything is blended well.
- Pour your batter onto the waffle iron and set your desired heat!
- I also whipped up some cinnamon sugar butter to top the waffles. (Optional)
We got to use our new Cuisinart waffle maker that my cousin got us for our wedding!
Sausage with Peppers, Onions, and Potatoes (Serves 4)
Time: 5mins Prep and 10-16mins Cook
- 1 Potato Sliced
- 2 Peppers Sliced
- 1/2 Onion Sliced
- 1tbsp Whole Grain Mustard (It adds a nice flavor)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Olive Oil
- Sausages ( I used Chicken and Apple)
- Coat your pan with olive oil and heat the pan to about medium and sauté your vegetables. I like to add potatoes first so they can get some extra cook time. 5-6mins.
- Add your sliced sausages and mustard to the pan and cook through for another 10mins or so...wait for your waffles and you're good to go!