Time: 15min Prep and 8-10hr Cook
If you're of drinking age, go ahead and take a few sips of your Guinness, you know to make it an even 12oz...
- 4 to 5lbs Beef Brisket, trimmed of excess fat
- 12oz Guinness (Or any dark stout)
- 8oz Tomato Sauce
- 3/4c Light Brown Sugar
- 3-4 Carrots, Sliced thick
- 1 Medium Chopped Onion
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves
- 1tsp Thyme
- 1tbsp Parsley
- 1/2tsp Black Pepper
- 1tsp Salt
- 1-2 tsp of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Mix together the wet ingredients and spices in a bowl and chop any vegetables you want to add.
- Place your trimmed brisket into the pot and top with chopped vegetables.
- Pour liquid mixture over the brisket, cover, and cook on low for at least 7-8hrs.
- Once it's ready, serve with some mashed potatoes and crusty french bread!