Chorizo with Eggs and Potatoes (Serves 8-10)
Time: 7mins Prep and 15mins Cook
- 4-6 Eggs Whisked
- 6 Red Potatoes Chopped
- 2lbs of your favorite Chorizo Sausage, casing removed
- Shredded Cheese
- Salsa and Sour Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Favorite tortillas ( I purchased tortillas from a local burrito restaurant)
- Heat up a pan to medium and lightly cover in olive oil, put your evenly chopped potatoes (with or without skins) and cook for about 8-10mins. Covering the pan will help it cook faster.
- Once the potatoes are tender, add the chorizo and break up with a masher or spatula.
- Before they are fully done cooking, add your whisked eggs and mix it in to the chorizo (8-10mins).
- Plate and top with your shredded cheese!
This is how I'm used to eating breakfast chorizo out west and I love it, hope you do too! Depending on where you live, it may be difficult to find chorizo that is not prepared in a casing. If this is the case, just remove the chorizo from the casing. Keep an eye out, maybe one day I'll post a recipe on how to make your own chorizo sausage!