This dip is perfect for your upcoming parties. This crowd pleaser has great flavor and texture and is very simple to prepare!
Roasted Garlic and Eggplant Dip
Prep/Cook Time: 50-60mins
- 1 Eggplant, Peeled and Chopped
- 2 Red Peppers
- 1 Onion
- 1 head of Garlic
- 3tbsp of Oil ( Coconut and Olive)
- 1tbsp Tomato Paste
- Salt and Pepper
- 1c of Cheese (I use the Italian blend)
- Pita or Baguette Slices
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop vegetables and place them on a lined sheet pan. Cut the top off of the garlic, drizzle with olive oil and wrap it in foil.
- Evenly distribute the oil over the vegetables by using your hands or spoon to ensure everything is coated. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the vegetables and roast for 30-40mins. I like to toss the vegetables and rotate my pan about halfway through.
- Once everything is cooked thoroughly and the garlic is soft and caramelized, remove from oven and let cool for about 10mins.
- Add all roasted vegetables to a food processor or blender with the tomato and pulse until desired consistency.
- Pour eggplant mixture into an oven safe dish, top with cheese, and heat until cheese is melted and slightly browned!